Are you interested in joining the Blaine Hill Vol. Fire Company? Here’s some information and FAQ’s:
- Ages 18 and up are eligible for Full Membership
- Ages 14 to 18 are eligible for Junior Membership
No certifications are required to join, however those with Firefighting Essentials, FF1, FF2, EMT, NRP, etcetera are highly encouraged to apply. No certifications? We can help you through programs like Allegheny County FIREVEST which can pay for your training!
For those interested in one side or another, we accept members interested in both Emergency Medical Services and Firefighting. There is no requirement to cross-train, though it is encouraged.
I JUST WANT TO HELP OUT
Associate status is always a option for anyone who wants to help out with the company but does not want to respond to calls.
WHAT CAN THE COMPANY OFFER ME?
- Free training in Firefighting and emergency response.
- Life experience and responsibility
- A pathway into a career in Emergency Response, be it firefighting, EMS, or law enforcement. This can be a excellent gateway to make those connections.
- Above all else, a feeling of helping your community.
WHERE DO I APPLY?
You can always stop by our station at 409 Oxford Avenue, Elizabeth, PA and ask for a application. We are always accepting full and junior members.